Tuesday 11 October 2016

Dealing With The Loss Of My Dog...



Nearly 5 months ago on Tuesday 24th May I lost my best friend who was a Yorkshire Terrier called Pippa.
Pippa hadn't been well for 6 months and after a few courses of steriods, antibiotics and other tablets that didn't work the vet decided to open her up to see what was going on once and for all, so the next day me and my mum took her into the vet and gave her a big kiss and I said see you later gorgeous. A few hours later we got the dreaded call, our Pippa had a cancerous stomach tumour. After a lot of crying we didn't want Pippa to be suffering in pain anymore so we decided to tell the vet to put her to sleep while she was still under anaesthetic so she wouldn't of known or felt a thing, the most heartbreaking thing I've ever had to do and I didn't get to say goodbye.

I don't know how I would of coped without my boyfriend and my family, we were all devasted but we were all there for each other and that's really important when going through something like this.


My advice on how to deal with it...
  • Get yourself out the house as much as possible
  • Have your family and friends around you
  • Look at pictures and videos for happy memories
  • Remind yourself they're out of pain and not suffering anymore

Getting a new dog...

I said I wouldn't get another dog for a while but a few days later I hated being without a dog, I am a huge dog lover and a home isn't a home without a dog. So I went on the internet and had a little look for Yorkshire Terriers for sale in Liverpool. They were all so gorgeous but then I seen 3 gorgeous little Yorkie puppies posing for the photo, so I got the number and my boyfriend rang the lady who had them and she said she only had 1 little girl left so I had to have her. On the day we were going to get her that morning we went out and bought loads of new things for our new puppy. That night we drove to Southport to get her, I was so excited but really nervous, when we got there we rang the lady to tell her we were outside so we got out the car and she came out with the most cutest tiny puppy, I fell inlove with her straight away and I couldn't wait to get her home. I already knew what I wanted to name her but I had to see her first to see if she suited it and she did! Minnie :)



So it's been 5 months now since loosing Pippa and I think about her every single day and I miss her so much. Minnie will never replace Pippa but getting Minnie helped me move forward.


This is Minne now at 6 months old. I hope some of you relate to this post and I hope I've helped a few of you aswell, thanks for reading :)


2 comments:

  1. Aw darling, I know exactly how you feel. I had a dog of 15 years pass away due to a tumour and it's still the worst day of my life. It took my family such a long time to get a new dog (as my siblings kept saying nothing could replace him) but we now have a little cavoodle and he is such a sweetheart. I'm such a dog person and can't live without a dog.
    This was a lovely post of you to write - i'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you were able to find Minnie to ease the pain slightly.
    Holly xx | https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/chronicles-holly-13610625

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same I love dogs and a home isn't a home without one in my opinion. We all knew she didn't have long left but we didn't realise it was going to be that soon, worst day of my life too.
      Even though Minnie is a yorkie too they are completely different dogs, a pet will never replace another pet.
      Sorry for your loss too x
      Hannah xx

      Delete